Works as a lecturer at Al Ain University, in the Applied Sociology Department. She Earned her Masters of Arts in Social Studies Curriculum and Instruction from Yarmouk University, Jordan in 2011 and a Bachelor of Arts in International Relations from The Ohio State University, USA in 2002. Previously worked in different roles including: administrative position at UAEU from 2005-2007. She has prior teaching experience, where she taught high school history and human geography. She’s a certified specialist in college admissions and career development with five years of experience working as an academic and career counselor in high schools in the UAE. She has a deep enthusiasm for teaching; deeply and enthusiastically committed to the growth of students as well as the quality of their educational experiences. During her current position, Hanadi aspires to develop her experiences to promote new methods of teaching and learning by integrating new teaching philosophies in courses related to her specialization.
Yarmouk University, Jordan 2011
The Ohio State University, USA, 2002
- Influx towards International Curriculum Schools
- Global Identity
- Curriculum Integration
- Education of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
- Educational Philosophical Thought and Implication of Abu Hamid Al-Ghazali: An Islamic Teacher Education Perspective
January 2022The International Journal of Religion and Spirituality in Society 12(1):115-132
Al Ain University: Al Ain, UAE
Instructor, Applied Sociology Department (August 18, 2021-Present)
College and Careers/Academic Counselor (September 2016-August 2021)
- Help students stay on top of class selection and graduation requirements.
- Assist students in creating a university list based on their interests.
- Lecture and advice students on university selection
- Lecture and advice students on career choices
- Conduct career aptitude tests.
- Research colleges and help students draft a college list.
- Help students find and apply for local scholarships.
- Collect letters of recommendation from teachers.
- Complete the counselor letter of recommendation and send it to universities.
- Sending official transcripts to universities
- Coordinate day-to-day operations and schedule activities, programs and speakers.
- Schedule visitations by representatives from local and international universities.
- Attend meetings, conferences and seminars regarding career trends, university entrance and financial aid.
- Planning and preparation for college admissions tests, SAT, EmSAT and ACT.
High School History & Human Geography Teacher (September 2014-2019)
- Develop and implement daily and unit lesson plans.
- Teach geography and history classes to a diverse array of students of varying ages and abilities.
- Plan and organize hands-on activities that encourage active student participation, involvement, and teamwork.
- Maintain an orderly, peaceful, and positive learning environment, applying disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Incorporating cultural, social, and historical components into the curriculum to diversify and expand learning material.
- Administer testing, track and analyze class performance.
- Conduct group and one-on-one reading and writing activities.
- Develop excellent rapport with students.
- Foster a classroom environment conducive to learning and promoting excellent student engagement.
- Communicate with parents, assessment of students, and staff meetings.
- Incorporated technology into the classroom
- Implemented a variety of teaching tools to accommodate all learning styles.
- Participate in faculty and parent conferences.
- Conduct parent conferences.
Model United Nations Coordinator (October 2016-2018)
- Serve as chief executive.
- Coach students through the MUN process
- Assist students in writing their position papers.
- Assist and direct students in their research (country profile)
- Managed UN simulation
- Managed documents and fees.
United Arab Emirates University: Al Ain, UAE (December 2005-May 2007)
- Compose replies to correspondences.
- Interpret and explain established policies and procedures in response to inquiries from a variety of sources.
- Translate documents from Arabic to English and vice versa
- Prepare agendas.
- Screen phone calls and visitors
- Process correspondences and other documents from rough draft, correct grammar, spelling and punctuation errors.
- Correspond with University and department staff, answering queries and provide assistance.
- Develop presentations for meetings.
- Introduction to Psychology
- Educational Psycchology
- Introduction to Applied sociology
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Introduction to Applied Psychology
- Practicum, Postgraduate Professional Diploma in Teaching