As part of its social responsibility towards the UAE society, the College of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, at Al Ain University is rendering high-standard services for the local community. In order to achieve this, the College of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences provides several activities including training, workshops, seminars, and others. The following items are part of the continuing effort by the College of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, members to serve the community.
Establish a cooperative program of activities with Al Ain Center for Special Needs including:
- Workshops for special needs teachers.
- Workshops about inclusion at schools for special needs students.
- Joint educational and psychological research.
- Special home visits to identify social and psychological problems that affect special need students and provide advisement for remedy.
Workshops about educational assessment that include the following:
- Educational Outcomes.
- Comprehensive evaluation in schools.
- Educational feedback.
- Student homework.
A program of workshops about integrating educational technology in the curricula of governmental and private schools:
- Build and maintain school websites.
- E-learning applications.
- Cloud computing in education.
- Web 2.0 applications in education.
- Using internet for educational research.
- Using free online services for educational purposes.
- New trends in ICT applications for educators.
General workshops for different purposes which include:
- Multiple Intelligences.
- Strategic planning.
- Action research.
- Active learning.
- Common mistakes in Arabic language.
- Knowledge management.
Field trips to local institutions and companies that include the following:
- Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC).
- Zayed Cultural and Heritage Center
- Family Development Foundation
- Joint visit with the College of law to Al Ain Juvenile Department.