University of Illinois
- Curriculum Development/Modification.
- Learning disabilities.
- Strategies for teaching students with disabilities.
- Alghazo, E. (2018). The Effect of Enrolling Gifted Students at King Abdaullah II School for Excellence on their Social adaptation. Alfateh Journal in Education and Psychology. Issue 75.
- Alghazo, E. (2018-Sent to British Journal of Special Education). The Ability to teach Reading: Perception, Self Efficacy and Content Knowledge Among Preservice Special Education Teachers.
- Hussein, S., Abdelrazaq, H, & Alghazo, E. (2016). The Effectiveness Of a Training Program In Developing the Auditory Perception Skills and its Effect in Improvement reading Skills of Students with Learning Disabilities. International Journal for Research in Education, UAEU, Volume 40 Issue 1.
- Alghazo, E. (2015). The Effect of a Training Program in Developing Memory in Learning Disability Students in a Saudi Sample. Scientific Journal, Assyot University, College of Education.
- Hussein, S., Alghazo, E. (2014). The Effect of Enrolling Gifted Students at King Abdullah the Second distinctive school on Social Adaptation. International Interdisciplinary Journal of Education,
- Alghazo, Y., Christina, M., and Alghazo, E. (2013). An Analysis of Pre-service Teachers’ Dispositions towards Mathematics. European Journal of Social Sciences, Volume 40 Issue 4.
- Alghazo, E. (2011). Prospective Special Education Teachers Perceptions About Their Computer Competencies and the Usefulness of Computers in Teaching Students with Disabilities. Faculty of Education Journal, FayoumUniversity. Volume 11
- Alghazo, E. (2011). Knowledge of CEC Standards Held By Special Education Teachers: An Introduction to Quality Assurance. Egyptian Association of Reading and Literacy.
- Alghazo, E. (2010). Knowledge, Skills, and Practices Concerning Phonological Awareness Among Early Childhood Education Teachers. Journal of Research in Childhood Education. 24, 172-185.
- Sartawi, A., and Alghazo, M. E. (2006). Special education Teachers Perceptions of Factors Influencing Their Instructional Practices. International Journal of Rehabilitation Research. 29(2):161-165
- Alghazo, E.; Tibi, S., & Sartawi, A. (2006). Difficulties Associated With Basic Reading and Writing Skills in Elementary School Children. Journal of the Faculty of Education UAEU. 9, 13-32.
- Sartawi, A., Alghazo, E., Gaad, E., Tibi, S. (2005). Restructured Special Education Program: Standards and Accreditation. Journal of SpecialEducationAcademy.
- Alghazo, E. (2005). Special Education teachers Perceptions Towards Effective Instructional Practices in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) . Teacher Education Special Education. 28 (3/4).
- Tibi, S., Sartawi, A., & Alghazo, E. (2005). The impact of foreign housekeepers on children’s reading and writing skills. Journal of SpecialEducationAcademy. 9, 13-32.
- Alqaruti, I., Alghazo, E.; Alhamedi, M. (2004). Effectiveness of Resource Room Teachers in the United Arab Emirates. Qatar Journal of Education,
- Alghazo, E.,; Alsawaie, O. (2004). Meeting NCTM Standards for Mathematics by the Special Education Program in the College of Education from the View-Point of Students. Journal of SpecialEducationAcademy, 5, 145-174.
- Alghazo, E.; Alqaruti, I., Sartawi, A (2004). Teaching Methods of Special Education Teachers in the United Arab Emirates. Ain Shams university.
- Alghazo, E.; Tibi. S., Sartawi, A. (2004). Competencies of preservice and inservice special education teachers in instruction of mathematics. Alazhar Journal of Education.
- Alghazo, E.; Gaad, I., (2004). General Education Teachers in The United Arab Emirates and Their Acceptance to the Inclusion of Students with Disabilities. British Journal of Special education, V. 31 (2).
- Alghazo, E.; Dudeen, H., & Alqaruti, I. (2003). Attitudes of Pre-service Teachers Towards Persons with Disabilities: Predictions for the Success of Inclusion. College Student Journal, 37, 515-522.
- Alghazo, E., (2002). Educators Attitudes Towards Persons With Disabilities: Factors Affecting Inclusion. Journal of the Faculty of Education UAEU, No.19, 27-44.
- Alghazo, E., (2002). Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder-ADHD. Almanal Journal.
- Alghazo, E. (2015). Exceptional Children: An Introduction to Special Education. (Translation to Arabic). Alaimam University.
- Tibi, S.; Alghazo, E., Sartwai, A. & Nazem, M., (2009). Introduction to Reading Disabilities. Darwael Distribution Company, Amman-Jordan.
- Sartawi, A., Tibi, S., Alghazo, E., and Nazem, M. (2009). Assessing Reading Difficulties. Darwael Distribution Company, Amman-Jordan.
- Mathes, M. & Alghazo, M. E. (2008). The Importance of Accreditation in Teacher Education Programs in Arab Universities. Presented at the Arab Deans meeting which accompanied the Fourth Educational Week at the College of Education at QatarUniversity.
- Ikhlef, A., Alghazo, M. E., Khalifa, B., & Alhajeri, F., (2008). Inclusive Teaching Practices in Qataris' Schools. Fourth Special Education Conference "Inclusion: Practices and Challenges". College of Education, Qatar University.
- Alattiyah, A., Alghazo, M. E., and Lazarus, B. (2008). Shaping the Future for Special Needs Children Through Parents and Professional Effectiveness Partnership. The first conference on Early Childhood Education "Best Practices to Support Children's Development and Learning". College of Education, Qatar University.
- Alghazo, M. E. (2006). Social competence of students with learning disabilities in Emirates school settings. UAEU seventh research conference.
- Sartwai, A., & Alghazo, M. E. (2003). The Development of the Special Education Program at the UAEU. (Presented at the Annual International Conference: Globalism-Reaction and Interaction, at the UAEU in March 23-24).
- Alghazo, I., & Alghazo, M. E. (2003). Preservice Special Education Teachers Competencies in Using Technology. (Presented at the Annual International Conference: Globalism-Reaction and Interaction, at the UAEU in March 23-24).
- Alghazo, M. E., & Alqaruti, I. (2003) The Extent to which University Special Education Teachers are Competent with CEC Standards. (Presented at the Annual International Conference: Globalism-Reaction and Interaction, at the UAEU in March 23-24).
- Alghazo, M. E. (2002). Learning Disabilities in Students who are gifted: Assessment and Remediation. (The conference for the gifted and talented) Egypt, AsyotUniversity. 263-292.
September 2018-2019 Faculty member at AlAin University, College of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences.
September 2019-2020 Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Chair.
August 2013-2018 Faculty Member at Umm Al-Qura University, Department of Special Education.
December 2010-2013 Consultant of Quality Assurance and Accreditation
KingFaisalUniversity (NCAAA and International Accreditation Agencies)
Deanship of Quality Assurance and Accreditation
September 2008-2009 Visiting Consultant, SultanQaboosUniversity.
Department of Psychological Sciences.
Establishing a new Special Education Diploma Program.
September 2007–2008 Faculty Member at Qatar University, Department of Psychological Sciences. Special Education Diploma Program Coordinator.
September 2001-2007 Faculty Member at the United ArabEmirates University
Department of Special Education.
October 2000 -2001 Faculty Member at Mutah University. Department of Counseling and Special Education.
August 1999 to May 2000 Graduate Assistantship, University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign. Department of Linguistics
· Teaching Intermediate Arabic.
· Teaching Introduction to Special Education.
June 1998 to May 1999 Graduate Assistantship, University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign. Department of Community Health.
August 1998 to May 1999 Graduate Assistantship, University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign. Department of Linguistics
· Teaching Colloquial Arabic.
· Teaching “Exceptional Children in the regular classroom”.
August 1997 to May 1998 Research Assistantship, University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign. Office of Gerontology and Aging Studies (OGAS)
- Introduction to special education
- Introduction to learning disabilities
- Introduction to mental retardation
- Introduction to visual impairments
- Gifted and Talented
- Adaptive behavior skills
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Introduction to behavior and emotional disabilities
- Selected readings in English in Special Education
- Curriculum and Instruction for Students with disabilities
- Instructional Strategies for Students with Disabilities
- Individuals with Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Classroom Environment
- Classroom Management
- Education of Exceptional Needs Students
- Physical and Health Impairments
- Educational Programs for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Inclusive Education
- Capstone in Special Education
- Field Experience
- Learning Disabilities Association (LDA).
- International Association of Special Education (IASE).