Master of Education in Islamic Education Curricula and Instruction
The Master of Education in Curricula and Methods of Teaching Islamic Education course aims to provide students with a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of the methods, principles, and curricula of teaching Islamic education. In addition, students will further develop their skills in research, curriculum design, critical analysis, evaluation and use of technology to enhance teaching and learning in Islamic Education.
- To provide students with a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of the methods, principles, and curricula of teaching Islamic Education
- To enable students to further develop their skills in research, curriculum design, critical analysis, evaluation and use of technology to enhance teaching and learning in Islamic Education
- To develop students’ abilities to work independently and assume responsibility for managing the various aspects involved in developing a curriculum for Islamic Education teachers
- To aid students in developing an ethical foundation to enable them to carry out independent and informed decision-making.
- To equip students with the intellectual confidence, pride in their profession and encourage continuous professional development.
To obtain a Master of Education in Curricula Methods of Teaching Islamic Education, the student must successfully complete 33 credit hours, with a minimum (CGPA) of 3 out of 4.
Upon completing the course, students are expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the relevant concepts, principles, and theories of teaching Islamic Education.
- Utilize their research skills to conduct academic research.
- Use technology in the design, planning, analysis, and evaluation of curricula.
- Produce demonstration models which demonstrate an understanding of the education and training requirements of Islamic Education teachers.
- Demonstrate an ability to negotiate social and ethical concerns which may arise in Islamic Education curricula in a balanced and objective manner and equip curricula teachers to do the same.
- Employ self-directed learning strategies to keep up to date with developments in the field of Islamic Education teacher training.
- Submit a research thesis which meets the ethical standards set by the University, in order to be awarded a Master of Education in Curricula and Methods of Teaching Islamic Education.
- Islamic Education Supervisors
- Curriculum developers
- Islamic Education Teachers
- School headmasters