B.Ed. Arabic and Islamic Studies Teacher Education Apply Now
The Arabic and Islamic Studies Teacher Education Program is one of the pioneer programs that attract a large number of undergraduate studies pursuers. The program offers an opportunity to teach in two associated but completely different fields. It further provides students with the necessary knowledge for teaching Arabic and Islamic Studies as well as teaching skills required in real practice without the need for other certificates.
The Arabic and Islamic Studies Teacher Education Program aspires to be one of the leading programs in preparing distinctively qualified teachers with various skills in teaching Arabic and Islamic Education, the most important constituents of the national identity, who are able to continuously and effectively develop their abilities and skills and enjoy positive spirit towards their profession and their society.
The program takes the responsibility to provide qualified teachers who are able to contribute towards fostering young generation, adjusting its behavior and enabling it to constantly communicate in sound Arabic as well as understanding and practicing Islam, Shari’a and morals in a correct and moderate way far from extremism.
- Acquainting student-teachers with the main facts and concepts in Arabic and Islamic Studies.
- Developing student-teachers' awareness of pupils' growth to provide learning opportunities that support their various developmental aspects.
- Acquainting student-teachers with appropriate strategies to teach Arabic and Islamic Education.
- Providing student-teachers with the necessary skills for planning to teach at all levels and the ability to carry out such planning.
- Enabling student-teachers to create learning environments that consider the learners' personalities and their individual differences as well.
- Acquainting student-teachers with the necessary skills to use and apply modern technology and different communication means to teach/learning processes.
- Promoting student-teachers' skills in scientific research techniques that support their professional development and can be reflected in their pupils.
- Enabling student-teachers to understand different evaluation strategies and instruments and to apply them to ensure aims achievement and to improve the effectiveness of the teaching/learning process.
- Promoting student-teachers' positive attitudes towards Arabic and Islamic Education as subjects and towards their teaching as well.
To obtain a Bachelor degree in Arabic and Islamic Studies Education, a student must successfully complete 126 credit hours, with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2 out of 4.
- Identify the main facts and concepts in the fields of Arabic and Islamic Education.
- Apply the acquired facts and concepts in teaching.
- Organize small interactive groups of learners according to their knowledge levels.
- Plan teaching/learning activities appropriate to different learners' qualities.
- Use suitable methods and strategies to teach Arabic and Islamic Education.
- Design teaching plans at all levels and carry out such plans.
- Design suitable learning environments that consider learners' personalities and their individual differences.
- Apply modern technology and communication means to the teaching/learning processes.
- Use scientific research techniques to improve professional development and to positively influence pupils' development.
- Use different evaluation methods and strategies to assess aims and objectives achievement.
- Use the results of the evaluation to improve the effectiveness of the teaching/learning process.
- Promote positive attitudes towards Arabic and Islamic Education as subjects and towards their learning as well.
- Arabic and Islamic Studies teacher at the primary stage.